Pro 17 is an embossed anti-slip PVC that has been engineered with an aggressive adhesive system to adhere to a wide variety of surfaces. Pro 17 is a premium vinyl anti skid tape use in a wide range of applications from stairs, to boats, to bookshelves.
Pro 17 is a calendared film, characterized by moderate tensile strength, high elongation and good tear strength. Calendaring has built-in stresses that are a common cause of film shrinkage and affect dimensional stability. Pro 17 is designed for indoor non-skid applications that require long term anchorage to a wide variety of flat surfaces.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Quality raw materials for long life and durability.
- Fine textured film improves traction in both wet and dry areas.
- Easy installation, simply position, peels off backing paper, and applies to a clean dry oil free surface.
- Low profile reduces trip hazards.
- Designed to meet OSHA Standards
- Successfully used in applications such as showers and tubs.
- Surface Compatibility: Painted metal, sealed concrete, porcelain, fiberglass
- Adhesive: Permanent Acrylic
- Tack (PSTC-6): Rolling Ball Tack (< 5 in.)
- Thickness (PSTC-133): Substrate 0.018 in. (0.457 mm), Pressure Sensitive Adhesive 0.002 in. (0.051 mm), Release Liner 0.007 in. (0.178 mm)
- Peel Adhesion (24 Dwell, PSTC-101): Stainless Steel (75oz/in), Powder Coated Surfaces (55 oz/in), Polyethylene (25oz/in)
- Shear Adhesion (PSTC-107): Stainless Steel (< 5 Hours)
- Coefficient of Friction (ASTM D1894): Dry Rubber (0.9), Wet Rubber (1.0), Dry Leather (0.3), Wet Leather (1.0)
- Solvent Resistance Recommendations: Water, 10% Salt Water, 1% Sodium Hydroxide, Bleach, Diesel Fuel, Hydraulic Fluid, 50% Anti-freeze in water, Unleaded Gasoline, Mineral Spirits, 99% IPA
- Solvent Resistance Not Recommended: Trichloroethylene, MEK, 25% Sulfuric Acid
- Service Temperature: High (14 days at 220°F) No visible effects, Low (14 days at -20°F) No visible effects
- Total tape thickness: 32mils
- Application Temperature: Apply when above 50°F
- Storage Life: 1 Year at 72°F/50% Relative Humidity